Mar 27, 2009

Its getting harder to RESIST the Temptation.

so it has been around 4.5 months, 137 days to be precise since i have given up eating meat and drinking alcohol. The first 3 months were alright, i wasn't craving for chicken and was content eating vegetarian food. All though i avoided going to my favourite places which had the best buffet or the sumptuous lamb shwarma or the amazing Hyderabadi biryani or avoiding Thai, Chinese, Italian, Mediterranean cuisines. i tried to eat only at Mexican places cause they have a decent vegetarian option. but when my friends ordered chicken or when i saw the menu with the steak specials i did not crave for it. i was alright with no eating it for a while. even when we went to a buffet i did not want to eat the chicken kebab or the lamb do pyaza or the shrimp masala. i was content with drinking mushroom soup and eating samosas, dosas and the paneer the sabzi. though it wasn't wort 14$ that I paid it was still alright.

But now when 9th April is so near i am getting crazy cravings. If not for chicken, i crave for something sweet every day after lunch and dinner. Yesterday i wanted to eat at this Mexican fast food place called Taco Bell really bad. i have never had such whims before but now its getting stronger each day. When my friend went to an Indian buffet place which had a delicious variety of tandoori chicken, biryani, lamb masala all i could think of is when would i be able to get there and eat em all. Even though i know that if i crave for something that i have given up eating then it does not count, but i cant help it.

All i could conclude from my little experiment is that its gets harder and harder as the day to end your experiment approaches. it might be due to anxiety or just the fact that you are so weak that you cannot go without thinking about it. As for me I am not sure if i am meant to give up eating things that i love and only time will show if i once again take up giving up meat, but for the time being i await the day i start eating meat once again.

Ooh by the way i forgot, to help me along the way (get the sarcasm please), Neha decide to make some yummy chicken for my room mate, not once but twice. I was lucky the second time since she left the chicken pieces for too long outside and they went bad. And frankly i was always hoping and secretly praying that something like this would happen. ya ya I know , i am sadistic and very selfish when it comes to sharing my yummy food. but then again that's me, take me the way I am rather than try and change me.

1 comment:

  1. You are crazy selfish and ridiculously childish when it comes to food..and unfortunately you are turning my other sane roomie into yourself!!
    :P

    ReplyDelete