May 3, 2008

The Beginning

DEATH - usually defined as the end of life , but is it really? Or is it just the end of this life and the beginning of another, isn't it just the other side of life. I have always wondered what is it about death that fascinates me so much. Why is it that we are so afraid of death? Is it because what lies afterwards is unknown or because in spite of how fulfilling our life was its always not enough. The sole truth about life is Death, the only thing that is inevitable is death. And that is where the quest for understanding Death begins, the meaning of death, what it holds and what lies on this side of life .

and thats where the name of my blog comes from. Shinigami is the Death God in japenese culture, similar to the Yamraj for us Hindus. Why Japense ? Maybe it is because of my liking towards the japenese culture - their wicked movies, mangas, culture. Something about the Asian culture always impresses me.
I was just reading an article the other day, where they were taking about a suicide website in Korea. The site is said to demonstrate methods of committing suicide and contains advertisements for "partners in suicide" and this particular website as per the media has received well over 50k hits. Sorry for digressing, but such instances always catch my attention and gets me thinking on how easy it is for someone to take his life thinking that he would be happier in death.

Anyways I have started on my quest to find out what lies on the other side, it not about spirituality but i just want to understand death and read about what great thinkers , philosophers, saints have to say about it. Maybe i could arrive at some conclusion.

4 comments:

  1. demented begining for sure. Not seen any blogger start from the other side.

    Also, catch up on the movie Om Shanti Om, it talks about death and the other side of it as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you do arrive at some conclusion...do let me know....cuz I for sure am not going to go looking for the life on other side of life. Its surely interesting...but I choose not to think about these things for more than a few seconds....its called my brain buffer..Only a few ideas of my choice can cross the threshhold....death definitely doesn't appear on that list....psycho...keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. sunny,
    What a beginning! But atleast you got started....

    I hv also written something on the same lines abt death albeit a long time ago;when fufaji expired.will look up the book..i'm sure i hv it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whatta beginning mann! ekdum hatke! but I am not surprised...was anticipating that if you start a blog, it'll be somethng like this! :)

    ReplyDelete